Today was a difficult day. My father has breast cancer and underwent a mastectomy last month. We've been meeting with doctors for the last couple of weeks, and today we met with the Radiation Oncologist. Phew, radiation for 5 days a week for 6 weeks. I'm tired already and it hasn't officially begun yet. Who knew there would be a meeting with 2 nurses and then the doctor, and then a quick check by the doctor, and reviewing dads medical history to determine if he can even have the radiation. His physical self is in too bad of a shape to have chemotherapy, so that is out of the question.
All through this ordeal, his humor has stayed and his eyes twinkled, but today, his humor wore out and he was not a happy camper by the end of our long appointment. I must admit, I too was a bit tired. It's going to be a long haul.
So, please check yourselves and encourage all of your loved ones, both men and women to examine their breasts monthly.

1 comment:
I'm very sorry to hear about your father Carol. I hope that his treatment is successful and he gets through it with a minimum of side effects. Glad that he still has humor - it helps.
Post a Comment